CALL FOR PROPOSALS
doing digital: using digital resources in the arts and humanities
DRHA07 : Dartington College of Art : 9-12 September 2007
Bringing together creators, practitioners, users, distributors, and custodians of Digital Resources in the Arts and Humanities
The Programme Committee for DRHA07 is now soliciting imaginative and provocative contributions for the conference addressing such topics as:
- the benefits and the challenges of using digital resources in creative work, in teaching and learning, and in scholarship;
- the challenges and opportunities associated with scale and sustainability in the digital arena;
- new insights and new forms of expression arising from the integration of digital resources in the arts, humanities, and sciences;
- social and political issues surrounding digital resource provision in the context of global ICT developments;
- the implications of “born-digital” resources for curators, consumers, and performers;
- training methods and best practice for digital arts and humanities practitioners.
Timetable: Proposals are now invited for academic papers, themed panel sessions and reports of work in progress.Your proposal should be no smaller than 500 words and no longer than 2000; closing date for proposals is May 2nd 2007. All proposals will be reviewed by an independent panel of reviewers, and notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 13th June 2007. All accepted proposals will be included in the Conference preprint volume, and will also be considered for a post-conference publication.
Further information: The conference web site at http://www.dartington.ac.uk/drha07/ will be regularly updated, and includes full details of the procedure for submitting proposals, the programme, and registration information.