Implementation of the guidance in this section is required for leiden conformance.
for divset 1: editionitemcount != typographicitemcount
Traditional typographic representation
- Panciera, p.19:
- Not addressed
- SEG, POxy
- Valeri<choice type="correction"><sic>na</sic><corr>an</corr></choice>us
- Valeria<choice type="correction"><sic>m</sic><corr>n</corr></choice>us
EpiDoc appearance with standard XSLT
Questions and issues
- An earlier version of the EpiDoc guidelines incorrectly distinguished between these two types of correction, which are not so distinguished in Panciera or other conventions.
- GB (2006-07-16): I'm going to suggest we quit using the Janus pair of sic/corr elements and attributes, and start using <choice> here (even in P4 land). Not fixed in GL yet because XSLT doesn't yet handle it. See e.g. 3 above.
- GB (2006-10-25): we now do this in both examples!
Responsibility for this section
- author: Tom Elliott
- author: Gabriel Bodard
- author: Ilaria Marchesi
Revision number: $Revision: 1.15 $
Revision name (if any): $Name: r-5 $
Revision date: $Date: 2007/02/21 17:38:50 $