Greek Display Options
- Anyone may use the SOL with the Greek in the headwords or popup windows set to transliteration or betacode. Neither of these options requires any special font.
- But if you do want to see Greek as Greek
- for the Mac OS you may choose between SMK GreekKeys or SGreek. You may need to select "Western Mac" from your pull-down character set menu.
- for Microsoft Windows you may use either SGreek or a Unicode font.
- for Linux there are several fonts that display polytonic (classical)
- For detailed information on where to acquire and how to install
these fonts, please see
Unicode Polytonic Greek
for the World Wide Web.
- Registered users may set their preferred flavor of Greek as their default using the "Update Profile" option in the main menu.
Suda On Line Start Page
This document was last updated Thursday July 24, 2014.
SOL Home |
SOL Help |
Writing Greek in Betacode |
List of Headwords and Adler numbers |
Search the Greek Text of the Suda |
Lexical and Grammatical Terms in the Suda |
Greek Numbers |
MLA Citation Style |
Standard Abbreviations for Journals |
LSJ Abbreviations for Ancient Authors and Texts |
Perseus Texts and Abbreviations
Copyright © 2000-2014
Suda On Line and the Stoa
Consortium. All rights reserved.