Greek Display Options
- Anyone may use the SOL with the Greek in the headwords or popup windows set to transliteration or betacode. Neither of these options requires any special font.
- But if you do want to see Greek as Greek
- for the Mac OS you may choose between SMK GreekKeys or SGreek. You may need to select "Western Mac" from your pull-down character set menu.
- for Microsoft Windows you may use either SGreek or a Unicode font.
- for Linux we don't yet know how to display polytonic (classical)
Please mail the senior editor (see the
home page) with suggestions!.
- For detailed information on where to acquire and how to install these fonts, please see the help pages of the Perseus Project web site.
- Registered users may set their preferred flavor of Greek as their default using the "Update Profile" option in the main menu.
Suda On Line Start Page
This document was last updated Friday March 20, 2009.
SOL Home ¦ SOL Help ¦ Guidelines for Translators ¦ Writing Greek in Betacode ¦ List of Headwords and Adler numbers ¦ Search the Greek Text of the Suda ¦ Lexical and Grammatical Terms in the Suda ¦ Greek Numbers ¦ MLA Citation Style ¦ Standard Abbreviations for Journals ¦ LSJ Abbreviations for Ancient Authors and Texts ¦ Perseus Texts and Abbreviations
Copyright © 2000-2013
Suda On Line and the Stoa
Consortium. All rights reserved.